You can use a plain or patterned napkin.
1. Lay it out so the reverse side is facing up. Fold the napkin in half, forming a triangle.
2. Fold bottom point over about halfway.
3. Fold the bottom edge over the top edge.
4. Fold left point over at a downward angle. Repeat with right point, folding over at downward angle.
5. Pinch the center of the folded napkin together with one hand and, slide through your napkin ring.
6. Pull tails of bow downward, forming a more distinct bow shape.
7. Turn bow over and arrange it on the plate!